Baptist World Alliance
Baptist World Alliance® is a fellowship of 228 conventions and unions in 122 countries comprising 42 million members in 177,000 churches. They are committed to:
- Promoting worship, fellowship and unity
- Nurturing the passion for mission and evangelism
- Responding to human need through relief and sustainable community development
- Defending human rights and justice
- Promoting relevant theological reflection
The NABWU President, along with the other members of the BWA Women's Department Executive Board, is a member of the BWA General Council which meets annually in various areas of the world to determine resolutions and to advance the cause of the Baptist World Alliance. The Baptist World Alliance puts on a Congress every five years. In 2020 it will be held in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.
Baptist World Alliance Women's Department
The Baptist World Alliance Women's Department connects Baptist women from around the world. It is made up of seven continental groupings. North American Baptist Women's Union is the North American branch of the BWA Women's Department and the NABWU President is one of the Vice Presidents that make up the Women's Department Executive Board. This board meets annually just before the BWA General Council meets, in the same location.
Every five years, the Women's Department puts on a Women's Conference which is open to all Baptist women. It was held in Johannesburg, South Africa in July of 2015. Plan to attend our next Women's Conference in Rio in 2020!
North American Baptist Fellowship (NABF)
While NABWU is the North American branch of the BWA Women's Department, North American Baptist Fellowship (NABF) is the North American branch of the Baptist World Alliance. The mission of NABF has two focuses:
- To promote fellowship and collaboration among Baptists in North America.
- To further the aims and objectives of the Baptist World Alliance so far as these affect the life of Baptist churches in North America.
The NABWU President represents you and your voice on the NABF Executive Committee.